This traditional, family-run country house hotel provides the perfect location for a relaxing break in the pretty village of Hunmanby, near the glorious Yorkshire Coast. Families and couples will be greeted with a warm welcome to this 18th Century Georgian country house, formerly the old vicarage with a local church next door. We have some rooms in which we welcome pets, by prior arrangement. Unfortunately for health and hygiene reasons, we do not allow pets into the main house.
Wrangham House offers comfortable, traditional hospitality and accommodation with twelve individually styled rooms, all en suite; it even includes two four-poster rooms. There is a cosy lounge and a snug sitting room (with a well stocked bar) both of which boast roaring log fires in the winter. The building stands in 2.5 acres of stunning, secluded gardens and the hotel has a private, secure car park at the rear. The dining room overlooks the garden and has a beautiful formal setting, where you will find informal, friendly service and a range of diverse food types including a speciality of game dishes. If you like your food then you’ll love sampling homemade pates and puddings prepared by the chef, Peter. Peter prides himself on using high quality, local, fresh produce wherever possible; always on the menu are firm favourites such as roast beef, salmon and steaks.
Wrangham House is open all year round for family holidays, short breaks and corporate stays. It is an ideal venue for private parties, special occasions and wedding receptions - we also have a civil licence.
Serving afternoon tea: £10 per person. Every Friday & Saturday subject to availability. Please make a reservation.
- Cream Tea £4.00 freshly prepared homemade scones with cream and Jam served with a pot of Yorkshire tea or your choice of coffee.
- Afternoon Tea £10.00 selection of sandwiches with homemade cake and homemade scones served with cream and jam also with a choice of tea or coffee.
- Why not add a glass of house champagne for that extra special occasion. Champagne Afternoon Tea £15.00.
- Mothering Sunday Lunch 29th March 2017 - a little something special just for mum
- Easter Sunday Lunch 16th April 2017 - includes a children's easter egg hunt!
- Spring break special offer 3 nights for the price of two available Sunday to Thursday - throughout March and April, subject to availability and excluding school holidays and bank holidays.
Wrangham House Hotel, 10 Stonegate, Hunmanby Nr Filey, North Yorkshire, YO14 0NS